Menu
Dasman72
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo V6

Hi

have problem with my V6 box 

• It's now happened 4 time where I lose picture on all channel's .So unplug box wait then switch on ...still no picture . Put V6 into standby , power on picture but no sound and display output set to 576p . Reset back to 1820p picture loads better but still no sound . Tried new HDMI cable but still the same problems. 
  • Gave up calling for help or using the contact me ..waste  of time  so I'm here waking for help. 
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo V6

Have you tried another HDMI slot on your TV? Do you get any error messages on your TV when you lose your picture?

You say about resetting your video output to 1820, are you sure about that? The options are 1080 or 2160.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dasman72
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Yes your right it is 1080 or 2160 p and i .

Also tried all HDMI inputs on 4k TV. 

Yes the TV is up to date .

Every time I lose picture I rest V6 box as requested to do then end up back on lowest resolution setting . I am able to change the output again but still no picture. If I then just switch off the on V6 box picture with no sound but again lowest resolution again in V6 output . I change video output good picture still no sound . Could this be a fault with the V6 box or just Virgin media input signal ?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi do you have a Samsung TV. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Dasman72
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky

No  got a Philips 4k .

When I got home today did a full clear and reset on V6 box . The V6 box did what looked like an update and at the moment all up and running. Funny though my virgin media app still says there's a fault but thumbs crossed it behaves .

Thanks for your time

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Dasman72 wrote:

When I got home today did a full clear and reset on V6 box . The V6 box did what looked like an update and at the moment all up and running. Funny though my virgin media app still says there's a fault but thumbs crossed it behaves .

If the fault you're seeing on the VM app is the one I suspect it is, then it has nothing to do with your STB and everything to do with the TV-Go app.

Great news that your V6 is back in action!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos