Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tivo V6 will not wake up

This has happened a couple of times in recent weeks, and now three days in a row...

I leave the Tivo on when I go to bed. Overnight it goes into standby. When I wake it up in the usual manner the next day (press Guide or MyShows on the remote) the red standby light turns white, as it should ... and nothing happens. No sound, no picture, no response to any remote controls.

I unplug it from the mains and re-boot and all is well, but this is not satisfactory - yesterday I missed the beginning of a programme I was hoping to record, due to the lengthy re-boot time.

Anyone else getting this or had this? Is it a sign the Tivo is on its way out (with scores of hours of recorded material!) or is it perhaps a recent software update issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo V6 will not wake up

What happens if your power saving setting is Always On and you put the box into Standby before going to bed.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'll give that a try one evening - when I remember! 😉

Though not sure why the method of going into standby should make any difference to how it comes out of standby. I'll report back when I have a result.

Though to be honest I've never been one to remember to put Tivo into standby at night. I may eventually just revert to an 'always on' setting if the problem persists.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It always works for me and whether or not it works for you may give a clue to what's going wrong.

I always to put the V6 into standby when I stop watching TV, been doing it for so long that it's a habit and I don't have to think too much about it.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This exact thing gas been happening to me for the last week. 

Did you solve issue??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Remember it depends how deep a sleep it is in for houw long it takes to wake up - I've had to wait over 10 seconds free pressing the HOME button from standby before anything appears to happen.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Gazmorgan81,

Turns out it seems to be more of an HDMI communication issue with the TV.  If the scren is blank when TV turned on, going to HDMI2 (the old Tivo box is still on that) and back to HDMI1 (the V6) is awake and ready to go. Happens intermittently, haven't been bothered to investigate further.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responses. 

I've swapped HDMI cable but alas it's the same. Changed to always on now so see how that goes. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Gazmoragn81,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry you've been having an issue with the V6 box, this ins't good. 

Please let us know how you're getting on with things, we're around if you need us. 

Emma_C - Forum Team