Menu
FrancisClarke
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo V6 upgrade

Hello,

I have just been trying to watch Amazon Prime on my tv but the message is we need to upgrade our tivo to v6. Does anyone know how to do this please?

Thanks

Francis

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo V6 upgrade

So the V6 is a different box to the TiVo, and you also need to have VM broadband at your home, this is a requirement.

Realistically, unless your TiVo has a service fault, your best option is to pursue the regrades route. In other words, take a good look at your TV package and what services you want to have from Virgin Media. Use the bundle builder to get an idea of prices - this will quote you "new customer" prices (which you're not), and standard prices. Set your targets somewhere in the middle, and then call up Virgin Media C/S to renegotiate your current package.

Ask for a box-swap to a V6, and be prepared to re-contract for a new 18month minimum term in exchange for a new package and a V6 box.

If you don't have VM broadband, it's game over and you'll either need to get VM broadband or stick with your TiVo. The V6 needs VM broadband in order to work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos