Menu
sololite
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo V6 starting up message hokey cokey

Our old tivo box was  replaced  with a v6 last week and we have had fun and games trying to get it to work every day since then.

First we had error codes and endless cycles of startup before a nice man at virgin twiddled something at their end.

Then we had a day of different coloured lights and the endless starting up cycle. Not able to get through to virgin I reset the box and it worked that night.

Next day it was back to square one, so reading some of the threads on this forum decided to ditch the wifi connection to the tivo (even though we have very strong signal in the TV room) and use Ethernet cable instead.

It worked for a day but today was dead and I had to go through the same ritual of switching the V6 and hub off and on to get past the endless 'Starting up' message.

Is there anything else I should be doing or do I have to call Virgin?

Thanks for all advice.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo V6 starting up message hokey cokey

@sololite wrote:

It worked for a day but today was dead and I had to go through the same ritual of switching the V6 and hub off and on to get past the endless 'Starting up' message.

Is there anything else I should be doing or do I have to call Virgin?

Afraid to say, a box that won't boot up, needs calling in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

sololite
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Apparently there is an issue in our road with broadband.  Could it be that this is screwing our TV service?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hard to say without knowing specifics, but it shouldn't cause your box to get stuck in reboot, no.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

sololite
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Highly recommended calling for support at 8am. Got through in 5 mins and very helpful virgin man ran some tests, tried downloading some software and declared the Tivo box faulty after it stubbornly refused to budge from the orange light it showed throughout .

New box on the way.

0 Kudos