cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo V6 orange light

Ism96
Joining in

hi,

My TV doesn't turn on at all. I have tried to restart the TV box and everything and still the light in the box is orange and TV won't turn on.

When I opened the TV the Welcome etc message pop up but after a second it shows no signal and turned off.

I run any technical service checked but everything seems normal.

What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, if your TV set genuinely won't switch on, that's nothing to do with the VM box. And can you confirm whether you have a TiVo or a V6, although it doesn't make much difference to the troubleshooting, there's no such thing as a TiVo V6 - it's one or the other... if you're not sure, check here 

What I'm guessing is happening here - your (I'll presume) V6 is starting to boot up and is showing the "Welcome" and then maybe "Starting up" screen. The box has a fault and isn't completing the boot sequence. The video output is being dropped, hence your TV showing "no signal"

You need to report this to VM, and you're likely to need a tech visit to rectify this. You can call 150 (from a Virgin phone), 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) or wait on here (might be a day or so) for staff to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, if your TV set genuinely won't switch on, that's nothing to do with the VM box. And can you confirm whether you have a TiVo or a V6, although it doesn't make much difference to the troubleshooting, there's no such thing as a TiVo V6 - it's one or the other... if you're not sure, check here 

What I'm guessing is happening here - your (I'll presume) V6 is starting to boot up and is showing the "Welcome" and then maybe "Starting up" screen. The box has a fault and isn't completing the boot sequence. The video output is being dropped, hence your TV showing "no signal"

You need to report this to VM, and you're likely to need a tech visit to rectify this. You can call 150 (from a Virgin phone), 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) or wait on here (might be a day or so) for staff to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ism96

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the TV picture issue. 

I can see you've spoke to the team since posting and we are posting you out a HDMI cable. Have you tried a different cable or a different port on the TV though?

I've also checked the system and there is maintenance going on today in your area. Reference code is C01227154 and due to be completed by estimated date today at 3pm. Try the TV after this time and let me know how things are.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill