cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo V6 loses sound on LG TV

gt2023
Joining in

I have seen many messages on here relating to Tivo boxes that lose sound when fast forwarding/rewinding recorded programs.  They always seem to be related to LG TVs.  I am having the same problem with my Tivo and LG TV setup.  I have had a new box recently provided and this has not cured the problem.  Essentially when I ad-skip or fast forward my sound drops and the TV resets.  Sometimes I also get the TV locked up with a constant shuddering noise before reset.  I'm concerned that this is going to damage my TV.  I'd be interested to know if this is a problem for different TV brands or just LG, and whether it's as a result of an update on Tivo or TV?  Also, my Tivo recently was named as Codeco set-top box recently???  This started a few months ago, previously no issues whatsoever.  Any ideas please?

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can't help with the LG TV issue, but you mention your TiVo was recently renamed Codeco - where?

And is this causing any issues, or is it just a cosmetic thing?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks