Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo V6 in endless reboot loop

I have an issue with by Tivo V6 box. It was working earlier yesterday morning but when I went back into the room where it was switched on, I noticed that the TV had gone to sleep. The V6 box appeared to have gone to sleep. When I used the remote to wake the V6, it went to the "Starting up" screen (perhaps the “Welcome” screen appeared prior to this) and just stays there.

I tried the following steps to resolve the problem:-

1. I have powered down the V6 box by turning off the power switch at the rear and disconnecting all cables (power, ethernet, HDMI, RF) for 10 mins. Powering back up, it just sticks again at the “Starting up” screen.
  2. I visited https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/perform-diagnosis  to run a test on the V6 box and it indicated that there was a problem running the test: “Technical error.  Something’s gone wrong with the test.”

I've run this 3 times with the same outcome and have now exhausted the number of tests for the day (3).
  3. I have now performed a hard reset by switching it on at the rear while holding the + and standby buttons until the “Welcome” screen appears. It then went to the "Starting up" screen and after a while (when I wasn't looking) went back to the “Welcome” screen and then back to "Starting up". After a considerable length of time, it came back to life.

After resolving the problem and being able to watch the TV without issue yesterday evening, later in the evening the box crashed again (complete freeze). Switching it off and on again resulted in a continuous “Welcome” and “Starting up” screen loop.

I performed a hard reset again and now the continuous loop consists of “Welcome” followed by an animation indicating a download is being performed followed by “Starting up”. It did this through the whole night and was still doing it when I looked at it this morning (about 8 hours in total).

All other services at home are working fine. I have an older TiVo in another room that is working and my broadband and telephone are working fine.

I have tried calling by phone to 150 but all call centres are closed.

Can someone advise what the next step is to try to resolve this?

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo V6 in endless reboot loop

hello,

this seems to me like you have a hardrive issue with your v6 and it will need to be replaced.

if you text to 07533051809 and say your v6 is constantly rebooting the will get back to you and arange to send you out a new box.

please be mindful they will get back to you in due time as there is a lot of calls being diverted to england with thee lockdown in the call centres abroad

hopefully this helps

If the advice has been useful please hit the Kudos thumb and mark this reply as Helpful if issue resolved.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Unfortunately it sounds like your V6 stb has suffered a hard drive fault which would require it to be changed.

Have you tried our Virgin Media text service on 07533051809. Maybe that might be an easier way to get in touch with customer services at this challenging time.

Thanks

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your quick response. I've messaged the number you have supplied and hopefully will get it sorted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I sent a message to the number you suggested on Tuesday but have not received any response. Do you have any idea what the response time should be for issues at the moment?

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I fear that I have now fallen through a crack. It will soon be a full week with the faulty Tivo V6 and I have not received a response from the number I sent the text message to. Do I continue waiting?

0 Kudos