Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo V6 box issues + Fibre optic interruptions

Hi, as many in this forum, I'm new to Virgin Media TV and broadband (joined 3 weeks ago) and have had continuous issues with both services. Tivo v6 box shows no signal 2 to 3 times a day and sometimes works again when box is rebooted but lately it remains rebooting for 1h+ with no signal so i switch to watching tv online... and then the following morning when i don't need to watch it i discover the box is working again.. on another 2 occasions the box restarted itself after the screen froze, then took forever to restart again (i had to switch on/off 3 times and unplug replug all cables).

I never managed to watch a single PL game on weekends without box restarting or freezing or simply no signal on tv so i give up and switch to digital.

For the fibre optic i have the max advertised 500mb but never managed to measure more than 150mb when am lucky. In my office 2 floors up i have a v slow 10 to 50mb, clearly far far from the service sold. On top of that fibre optic connection drops about  7 to 10 times a day and k have to disconnect and connect back again the wifi from my laptop to have it work again.

As im fully working from home these days, it's v annoying to see my work desktop remote connection lost 10 times a day.

Clearly not happy at all with my oomf package so far. 

Can anyone pls help on what the issues could be ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo V6 box issues + Fibre optic interruptions

If your box is freezing and restarting of its own accord, that's either its way of trying to manage (potentially) a signal fault - or a fault of itself. Ordinarily I would suggest posting your broadband speed issues in the appropriate section of the board here , but it sounds like you might have a poor incoming signal that's manifesting itself on the TV & broadband in separate ways.

The regulars in the broadband section can check a few more diagnostics on your modem than is practical for TV here, but if you're getting "no signal" errors - that's a service fault of itself. If you can identify any specific channels (incl SD? HD?) that are affected this might narrow the issue down, but ultimately it still needs VM to intervene and check your signal levels with a probable view to an engineer visit.

In the TV-sphere, that's best done by calling TV Faults on 150 (or 0345 4541111) and following the options for "I have a fault with my TV service".

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos