cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo V6 box has died

RIggsy68
On our wavelength

Our Tivo V6 has been playing up in the last few days, but today it has what I understand to be the 'Orange light of death'. After several resets, I get the 'Welcome' screen, then the 'Starting Up' screen, the it shuts of and flashes orange, before repeating. It is an ex Tivo (it's not just resting!). Can someone flag and sort a new one for me please? 

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi RIggsy68,

If it's an ex Tivo, do you mean it was a V6 on which you have performed a software update to a 360 box?

You can check the boxes here  which virgin-tv-box? 

People usually get the green screen of death when the hard drive has died.

A flashing orange/amber light usually means you don't have full network connectivity, but I haven't seen an orange screen mentioned before.

Sometimes people get a green or red screen due to a faulty or wrongly seated HDMI cable

Having said that, the box shouldn't keep rebooting.

Have you tried looking at  the Check service status at the top of this page, to see if there are any known issues?

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing shows up then you should call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, and speak to Faults, but best to call at 8am, or around afternoon tea time to avoid call queues.

That's the fastest route to getting the box repaired, however a member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you in the next day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First thing, is this a TiVo or a V6? The two are different boxes and the staff team will want to check. There's pictures here if you're not sure.

The current staff response time on here appears to be around ~48hours. If you're looking for a more immediate response, I can only suggest you call into faults on the usual number.

Edit: Posts crossed!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

RIggsy68
On our wavelength

Sorry, my bad. It is a V6 box. Its a bedroom box so it's not urgent that it's fixed immediately. I'll wait for a staff response. 

My apologies, it's a V6 box. When I say orange light I mean the light on the V6 box which is usually red (off) or white (on) goes orange and then flashes. There is no TV screen colours, just 'Welcome' and 'Starting up', before it goes off again. Everything else in the house works fine so it's not a Broadband issue. 

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Riggsy68,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome back to the Community Forum!

I'm sorry that you're having some problems with your V6 box. I'd like to arrange an engineer appointment for you. I'll just need to confirm a few details with you via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

RIggsy68
On our wavelength

Hello. I have provided the answers to your questions, but haven't heard anything back from you? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When did you respond to Laurie_C's PM?

They're online today.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

RIggsy68
On our wavelength

Yesterday morning.

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the delayed response Riggsy68, I've replied to your Private Message now with your appointment details.

Kind regards

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team