Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo V6 S101 error, BS34

Hi VM, I noticed earlier that the current channel was a bit corrupt, after restarting Tivo I was presented with no EPG and an S101 error.

I am able to watch recordings and stream programs. I have checked the connections, restarted Tivo (several times) gone through network settings and successfully connected, and restarted and checked the Virgin modem (internet connection snd speed seem fine),

By the time I finished the diagnostics and worked through the telephone lottery, the call centre had closed. 

Any chance someone can take a look?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo V6 S101 error, BS34

Sounds like you have potential signal issues, are you able to identify any specific channels that are affected?

This is mainly a user forum, staff are currently taking upto a week to respond to posts on here. Forum members can offer advice but fault reporting is best done by phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gloon, 

Very sorry for the box issues as well as the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've had a look from here and can see that since posting you've been in touch with the team and they've booked an engineer. 

Please keep us posted with how the visit goes. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

Thanks for responding, some more details here:
Yes we had a new box sent out, but the new box doesn't pass 'verifying' on the software installation process.
We have no issues with the broadband service (I'm an IT manager working from home so I would notice 🙂 ).

I went through all the checks in the installation booklet, online and then again with a very helpful person in the call centre but ultimately she decided an engineer would be best because without sending out yet another V6 box (best of 3?) it was proving very difficult to pinpoint where the issue lay.

Hopefully an onsite engineer will be able to figure out the root cause, and I will follow up in here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh, that's no good. 

I'm sure the engineer will be able to get it sorted or worst case replace the box. 

:) 

Emma_C - Forum Team
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Interesting update!

Seems we had an animal (possible a fox, we get a lot of them in our area at night caught on our CCTV) try and take a chunk out of the cable where it loops around the side the house at ground level. The engineer traced the fault back from where the box lay, repaired the cable and managed to bring it all to life.

Since the original V6 box turned out to be absolutely fine; we kept it and the engineer took the new one away to return to stores for us.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Glad you got it sorted! That's the main thing

I'm not sure what VM's current policy on cable runs is, but it might be worth considering having yours buried perhaps just an inch or so below the garden surface or perhaps cable-tied above animal-height to avoid this sort of thing happening again 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks