Menu
Geordielee79
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo V6 Regular lockup solution

Dear community,

My TIVO V6 box regulary locks up and i have to reset the box using the switch behind the unit.  It then takes 10 mins to initalise. Then after 2-3 days use it locks up and needs another reset. 

If anyone from the tech support team is part of this community to answer it would be appreciated. Is there a long term fix for this as i have had the box for about 1.5 years and would expect better service than this ?

Regards 

Lee N 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo V6 Regular lockup solution

Check all your connections are finger tight. If you keep having to reboot the box because it's continually locking up then it's only going to get worse, and eventually lock up totally.

You therefore need to contact the VM Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues as it will probably need a box swap, and possibly an engineer visit.

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, perform tests, reboot etc. Ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Geordielee79 wrote:

My TIVO V6 box regulary locks up and i have to reset the box using the switch behind the unit.  It then takes 10 mins to initalise. Then after 2-3 days use it locks up and needs another reset. 

Are you doing anything in particular when your V6 locks up? TiVo's are slightly elderly and are more prone to this than V6 are (especially when using the streaming apps), but V6 are generally pretty robust.

If it's locking up regularly I'd say it probably has a fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Geordielee79
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We are using a lot of Apps - YouTube and Netflix with the kids being off school so be interested to see if its the same for others ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm using quite a bit more YouTube streaming of late and have no issues on my V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos