Menu
Robert490
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo V6 Box Restarting, Stuck on starting up screen

Hi

I have a problem with with the tivo V6 box, it stop's on the starting up screen, stay's on this screen for few minutes then restarts, sometimes an icon with arrow downloading to a box comes on the screen and restarts again, this has done this for 2 days, still going??

Have tried the online help and status app, this fault does not seem to come up or any help on this

Have tried to get hold of virgin media by phone about this fault, was on the phone on hold with vigin media for 45 mins tonight then was cut off on virgin media's end, so not having much luck at this time

Does anyone know the best way to get hold of virgin tech help? do they have live help line?

Many Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo V6 Box Restarting, Stuck on starting up screen

Hi Robert490,

Unfortunately it sounds like the hard drive has failed on the box.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. VM try to answer within 24 hours however it may take a few days, especailly over the weekend. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues. You will go through a series of questions which probably won't help, but if you call back around 10 minutes later then the call should be picked up by an agent.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Robert490,

I've found your details using the information we have on here and can have tried to check your V6 Box's details but as you've explained, it won't turn on so I can't see much. I've arranged for an engineer to take a look and you can see the details via your online account  where you may also re-arrange it if necessary.

Please let us know how the visit goes.

Thanks,

Lisa

Robert490
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help, will let you know how to the visit goes

All the best

Robert

0 Kudos
Robert490
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The problem is fixed the engineer found the TiVo box was at fault, box has been replaced, all working now

Many thanks for the help

All the best

Robert

0 Kudos