Menu
Euphdan
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo TV6 box noisy even in standby

The 2nd unit we have (bedroom) is very noisy even when in standby. Whilst in standby it will just starting clicking like the drive is thrashing - quite alarming a 3am in the morning. The only solution is to totally unplug but then when you want to view you have to go through the whole setup procedure.

Can't currently get any joy on phone as "very busy" and prioritising calls.

Unit is only 4 months old.

Anybody there who can help please.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo TV6 box noisy even in standby

The boxes are busy overnight, as this is when the main EPG (guide) update occurs, plus any firmware updates & network changes.

The boxes do make a small amount ofnoise, but if they are on a surface that resonates then it may need something under the feet to prevent vibration.

Turning off overnight can also have other consequences, like the guide becoming depleated of programmes.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Euphdan
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo TV6 box noisy even in standby

Thanks for your input, I have read this elsewhere about sympathetic vibrations etc but feel it is more than that, the downstairs box is silent, sound like when a drive failed on my home NAS drive, head clicking backwards and forward.
Hopefully receiveing a call about it today !!
0 Kudos