cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo Network Password problem

juliebobs
Tuning in

I am trying to re-start my Tivo V6 Box, that I always access via wi-fi. I have tried to reset the Network access but it keeps saying my Network Password cannot be verified. My password has always stayed the same as that provided with the hub about 3 years ago and is working on my phone.

I would be very grateful for any help please - bearing in mind that I'm not very technically minded!

63 REPLIES 63

Hi juliebobs, 

Sorry for all the confusion due to the merging of post. Can I just quickly ask if you are now able to connect your V6  to your Wi-Fi?

It has become a little confusing with us answering different members questions, however I just want to make sure your issues has now been resolved?

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi.  I have been connected since Sunday. However, I am not sure whether the 'short term connectivity issues' referred to by Paulina_Z have been resolved at your end. Are you able to confirm?

(My connection dropped off on Sunday, Saturday eve and the previous Saturday with various issues and difficulty trying to establish a connection. I would not say issues have been resolved until things remain connected for another week - particularly the coming weekend, which is when problems have occurred.)

Please do not mark this as resolved yet.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can check the status of your V6 <---:> Hub connection anytime, using the V6 network connection screen.

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look for 2 things.

1: In the top-right, does the box show as connected with an IP address allocated

2: On the left-side, does the box timestamp a connection success in the previous 6hours.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for coming back to me juliebobs,

We agree that you should monitor the situation for another week or so to make sure your connection stays stable. 

Remotely looking from our end, we cannot see any issues. It is advising the Wi-Fi in your property is good and there are no congestion or capacity issues, which is great.

Please keep us posted, and if anything changes please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi - I really would like and expect an answer to my question about short term connectivity issues that Paulina_Z referred to. Has something been done at your end that is likely to resolve my issues? Can you message Paulina to check if you're unsure?

To tell me that my connection is fine right now is irrelevant - I know that!! And to tell me how to check whether I'm connected is also irrelevant and unhelpful - I know when my V6 isn't connected.

I am grateful that this thread is being kept open for now, so that I have a chance to monitor whether the connection remains stable.

It does seem that the short term connectivity issues have been resolved juliebobs.

When we check your account, our systems run a thorough diagnostic check and inform us of any short term issues or power level issues.

Upon checking before it did not advise me of any short term connectivity issues on your account. The only suggestion was that your V6 box would perform better using a wired connection or using the 5GHz Wi-Fi band. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi.  I still don't know whether anything was done at your end to resolve the 'short term connectivity issues'. Perhaps this means that they were resolved without any action by VM - in which case they are likely to happen again at the weekend,  when I have had problems now for 2 weeks in a row.

It is interesting that you believe things would run better on the 5ghz waveband - I saw this in the diagnostics. However, when I selected 5ghz I could not get a connection to VM. As mentioned before, I had to select the alternative option (2.4ghz I think) before it would connect.

I have used wi-fi connection for 3 years with this V6, mostly without problems. I am reluctant to add a cable as things are a bit of scramble behind the tv, but I'm aware that this may be the best option if all else fails!

As stated, I would like to leave this thread open for now and persevere with my wi-fi connection.

Hi @juliebobs

Keep us updated on how the connection is over the coming days as everything on our end looks absolutely fine at the minute, if needs be we can investigate this further but for now - all is good on our part after running diagnostics.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Travis.  I will wait for the weekend as I have had problems on the 2 previous weekends only - weekdays are fine.

I'm not sure of the benefit of running diagnostics at your end when everything is working fine at this end? And when I lose Internet connection I don't think you can run diagnostics, so I'm not sure how this can help?

There seems to be a few people on this forum with similar problems with V6 - ie losing wi-fi internet connection and then finding it very difficult to get the V6 to re-connect to the internet (eg not finding the network) plus further problems  connecting to VM Services, despite having an excellent connection (100% strength).

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@juliebobs wrote:

There seems to be a few people on this forum with similar problems with V6 - ie losing wi-fi internet connection and then finding it very difficult to get the V6 to re-connect to the internet (eg not finding the network) plus further problems  connecting to VM Services, despite having an excellent connection (100% strength).

In my experience of responding to posts on here, it's extremely common for this to be caused by an underlying wireless issue rather than a V6 fault per-se.

Ethernet cable connections are always recommended given a free choice, but a strong & reliable WiFi signal doesn't often present any issues.

I wouldn't bet against your issues being caused by wireless interference or congestion induced by equipment outside your home.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks