Menu
AliJD4
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo 6 box has stopped working completely

My tivo 6 box stopped working 36 hours ago whilst in use, it just cut out. I have tested power source, reconnected and checked all connections plus changing fuse in power plug. I thought it was a local outtage as it was so sudden. All auto tests have shown no problem with service so it must be the box. 

I've tried calling three times and given up. The Virgin bot on their text service has me in a queue but no response after 18 hours so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone will take pity on me at Virgin soon?! To add insult to problem Virgin have already send an email to ask me for my rating and feedback of their service!!!! Really????

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo 6 box has stopped working completely

You can either wait on the text service to respond, or call into VM Faults on 150 (or 0345 4541111) and report it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
AliJD4
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am texting with someone now although because the box won't even start seems to be causing a problem in itself! I think I need a new box or an engineer it's not rocket science. Looks like a self install but thank you anyway

0 Kudos
AliJD4
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Having finally made contact very helpful person has ordered me a new Tivo box so credit where credit is due. I'm now hoping that this will solve the problem simply rather than showing something else is causing the shutdown.
0 Kudos
AliJD4
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I completely sympathise with you. Trying to communicate or indeed talk to someone is almost impossible. This is my second problem, the first one was even more difficult to put right purely because they've made it so difficult to communicate beyond the simple things that might go wrong. I used to praise them to friends and family and rate them 5 star but no more. I shall be researching alternative providers (not Sky) after Xmas too. It seems to be all about the money now. I shall post whether the new box install is successful...fingers crossed

0 Kudos
caxton1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My sentiments exactly. I'm no longer a fan so I'll be exploring other avenues too. Good luck in your quest.

0 Kudos
vircom
Super solver
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

For a commercial company, it always is, and always was, and always will be about the money. The only question is will you get more money by charging a little extra and having good customer service, or cutting costs to the bone and/or offering headline grabbing deals and discounts. As almost all suppliers have been in a race to the bottom for many years now, I can only assume that most people are choosing a provider based on cost and then find out the downside when things go wrong. As long as a company is gaining new customers faster than loosing old customers, I don’t think it will change. There is no point in having wonderful reviews about your excellent service if all your customers go with a cheaper competitor. 

0 Kudos