Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Tivo 6 HD picture pixelating

Hello,

I am having a lot of pixelating on many of my HD Channels over the last few weeks. I have checked all the connections and have been restarting the box every few days to try and resolve. But the issue keeps reoccurring. Can some help or arrange for an engineer visit. I am paying a lot of money for a service that is really unacceptable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo 6 HD picture pixelating

If you've already restarted your box, then pixellated pictures tends to mean you have a fault affecting your TV signals, which VM will need to rectify.

First check on 0800 5610061 that there's no area faults already reported that could be causing this. If not, then you need to report it... this is where you havr 3 choices..

1: Send a text message to 07533 051809 which can take a few days.

2: Wait on here for VM Staff to respond, which is currently taking around a week.

3: Call into faults on 150 from a VM phone (or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) and speak to an agent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks.

l’ll wait for someone from VM to respond on here. Tried calling 150 earlier and waited over an hour and then got cut off😠. May be I’ll get better response/help from VM staff on here

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vadgama62, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums! 

I apologise for the delay in response here. I can appreciate the post was a while ago, and I can see from your account you've had no contact with the team. How is everything at the moment? If things are still the same, let me know and I will take a look for you 🙂

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan_2

Thank you for your response.

I’m afraid that is issue with some of my HD channels pixelating still persists. The issue resolves itself after rebooting the V6 box but returns after a couple of days. Some of the channels at times are totally unwatchable. I would appreciate it if an engineer could be sent out to resolve.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vadgama62

Thanks for coming back to us and apologies for the delayed reply.

I've had a check today on the system and all the levels are fine. Hopefully everything has been sorted, please do let me know if not and we can run some diagnostics.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_JS

Many thanks for looking into this but the issue still persists. I rebooted the box only on Monday and I am getting pixelating again today and is particularly bad on StarPlus HD.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can you check any of the following channels that you have access to?

S4C-HD, Film4-HD, Channel5-HD, Sky History2 HD, Sky Sports NFL HD, Sky Sports F1 HD

Can you watch these channels ok?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vadgama62

Thanks for coming back to us.

It is a technician needed in this case. I'll PM the date and time booked in

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Vadgama62

PM sent. 

I hope the slot is convenient, however, please track and or amend here if needed

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos