Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo v6 install s102 via WiFi on a coax link unused for months

I am getting the S102 other users post when installing a new TiVo V6 onto a t was used by an old Samsung TiVo, last used many months ago.  Accessing Virgin hub wirelessly as no chance of wired link.

got thru’ to first line support yesterday, but then spent over an hour on hold for “the fault team”.  

tried again today and it has been 30 minutes hold so far just to get through to first line support.  Unimpressed for a service I pay a LOT of money for!

Reading other posts the fix does not seem to take Virgin long to do, but it is them who must do it...

How is it that some customers are lucky and get their posts answered by fixes?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo v6 install s102 via WiFi on a coax link unused for months

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/s102 this error can be account related, but....

Are you able to access the V6 menu to check your WiFi signal strength? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right.

If your box hasn't been connected for over a month, then deactivation is a distinct possibility. Also, you mention your V6 box being new to replace the TiVo - did the V6 ever work before this happened?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.  

Previous tests I have done show WiFi superb at this point in house.  The V6 is new, fresh out of box.

interestingly a v helpful support person, when I got through after an hour wait, did some stuff and my box rebooted.  To a different start dialog without that loading channels stuff...  I wonder if the box s/w was replaced remotely?  

Anyway, now it is all working.  Phew!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@mc50 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  

interestingly a v helpful support person, when I got through after an hour wait, did some stuff and my box rebooted.  To a different start dialog without that loading channels stuff...  I wonder if the box s/w was replaced remotely? 

Software updates are quite lengthy for the V6, so this was more likely a correction to the account.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos