Menu
RastaCat
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TiVo remote and box stop talking11

My TiVo remote keeps stopping working. It will still turn the volume on my TV up and down so I know it isn't the remote, but it will go through periods where it won't communicate with the TiVo box at all. I have to resort to using the TV remote app during these times, which is incredi5 frustrating because it makes no sense as to why it stops.

The TiVo box works absolutely fine, and the remote works fine except when it isn't. It will start and stop sporadically, and will then suddenly work again for an undisclosed amount of time. It can be days or weeks between relapses, but when it does happen it can last for a few days before it sorts itself out.

Do I just need a new remote?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo remote and box stop talking11

Thanks for your post RastaCat,

Is this issue still on going or do you still need assistance? This is something that could have been brought up in the recent PM conversation we had in regards to your other issue. 

Can you please confirm that the batteries have been replaced recently and both batteries have the positive pole pieces pointing in the same direction.

If this is still an issue, drop me a response below and we'll go back to our PM conversation

Thanks

David

0 Kudos