Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TiVo recordings pixelated

Hi,

Recordings on my TiVo box have become unwatchable, being pixelated and jumping seconds at a time. Older recordings are fine, with this issue seemingly starting somewhere around 15th Oct.  Tried restarting, checking cables and done the online diagnostic check.  Still no joy.

Anyone else seeing these problems?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo recordings pixelated

Is live TV viewing ok?

If it is, then can you try pausing or rewinding some live TV viewing?

This will help decide whether your issue is with your box's hard drive (live TV should be fine) or if you have a signal fault affecting your incoming TV signal - and live TV will be affected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi japitts,

Live TV is working fine. Paused live playback is also fine. 

Probably hard drive issue then? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not necessarily, as pausing live TV would also be affected.

Can you try making some fresh recordings and see if they're affected?

If you have a signal fault, all live TV viewing and consequent recordings would be affected.

If you have a hard drive issue, all recordings and delayed TV would be affected but live viewing would be fine.

There may have been a signal issue when your previous recordings were made, which caused errors that were recorded.

Make some fresh recordings and check them, to see which scenario applies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi japitts,

Well, I recorded the F1 qualifying earlier today (around 2pm) and that had the same issue....which was really annoying for a fan of the sport!?  That led me to check the recordings we’ve made this week and found it being an issue dating back to around the 15th. Got a couple of recordings this evening, so will check this in the morning, but not holding out much hope. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I would suggest making a short recording from Sky Sports F1, and if you're able, watch the channel live at the same time.

Are you using SS-F1 in HD or SD?

Are there any other channels you think might be affected?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey japitts,

So started recording on SS Golf and watched live.  Live tv again still good. However, on pausing live and playing, the juddering appeared. Watching the recording back also juddering. 

One for tech support??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That sounds like a disk issue, yes. It'll potentially get worse over time and eventually could fail completely.

Report it and your box should be replaced.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Benj2977, thanks for your post - apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Apologies for the problems you've had with your TV recordings as well.

Checking on this today I can see there's an issue with at least one of your boxes - the other is showing as unreachable. The notes don't make it very clear if this has since been addressed & I get the feeling you may have reconsidered your options since this post - but if that assumption is incorrect please feel free to send me a PM letting me know when would be a suitable day/time for an appointment with an engineer and I'll get that arranged for you.

Tom 

0 Kudos