Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo error C119

Keep getting a connection error and tv stating cable unplugged. Performed complete reset of TiVo box and now it won’t start stating error c119.

ive followed every online suggestion but nothing has worked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo error C119

Just checking which box do you have - you've posted in the V6 forum but mentioned a TiVo, let's check now as the two do connect to the internet differently - https://my.virginmedia.com/your-tv-box/index.html 

If you have a TiVo, on the front-left there's 3 green lights, second from left is the "Heartbeat" light indicating your online status. Is it flashing or static?

If you have a V6, how is it connected to your homehub - ethernet or WiFi?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi sorry it’s a V6 box 🤦‍♂️
So I’ve managed to get it working by disconnecting all cables and using WiFi.

There is an Ethernet cable attached to the cable coming into the box which I thought was a dedicated internet link for the box to use. I am guessing this isn’t the case unless the broadband side is also connected to the router?

im currently using modem mode so having this cable connected isn’t going to work. Would be nice to leave the ports open for use when is this mode but at least it’s now connected and working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So your V6 needs 2 connections.

Incoming coax carries your TV signal - live channels.

Internet connection for all things online - EPG updates, VOD, software updates etc. Ideally this is Ethernet, but WiFi can work (with additional variables)

There's nothing inherently wrong with modem modem and a V6 - as long as your router doesn't start randomly blocking ports and preventing certain V6 functions from working, there'll be very limited official support if it does.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos