Menu
Exoticcshot
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box

Hi can someone send me 2 new TiVo box please because I have had problems with the 2 I got now one is very slow and the other one keeps losing internet on it so you can’t watch like film or on demand 

thanks exoticcshot 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box

A few things to clarify here, I'm afraid. Firstly you've referred to TiVo's but posted in the V6 board. Which do you have? If you're not sure, check here 

Second... If these are TiVo boxes, then - sorry to say - slow running (especially if you're using streaming apps a lot) is just symptomatic of them being old boxes running old hardware. You'd need to consider a swap to a V6, providing you have Virgin broadband. Do you?

Third.... you've mentioned one box keeping losing the internet. On the basis that a TiVo has an inbuilt 'net connection, what makes you think it's losing the connection?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Exoticcshot, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your TV boxes. 

I've taken a look at the account to see if there is anything going on but the stats on the boxes are not giving me any reason to believe they are faulty and need replacement. 

I can see there a few issues with the input levels on both the boxes though so I would like to arrange an engineer visit. They can adjust the levels and hopefully get things working better for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Exoticcshot
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath 

I don’t want a engineer to come out just send me two TiVo v6 box’s out no point in wasting for tht person to come out just to change to TiVo v6 box’s thts it 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Exoticcshot

Thanks for coming back to us, we sometimes do recommend an engineer as there also may be checks that need to be carried out when the engineer is here just to ensure everything is working okay. 

If you really don't want an engineer you don't have to have it, but we sometimes do recommend it as they can also carry out some checks. 

Please do let me know though 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Exoticcshot
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sasha 

ok then so what time have you got for me plz? 

thanks exoticcshot 

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Exoticcshot,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'll just need to confirm some details with you via Private Message before arranging an engineer visit. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos