Menu
Diane2420
Joining in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box stuck

Was watching BTsports on Sunday and was having a little trouble with the TiVo box. Thought it was the batteries in the remote control so changed them. Now we are unable to change our TiVo box channels, switch it off unless manually switching off. Cannot turn volume up or down. Rebooted and checked all cables, and still the same. Said there was a fault in our area which is now sorted but we still have no TiVo working. Any advice or help please.

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box stuck

Sounds like the remote rather than the box as the volume should control the TV regardless of the state of the box, you would need to call up to have a new remote sent

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Are the batteries inserted the correct way round?

What are the lights doing on the TIVO?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box#tab2 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

If it's the remote you can order a replacement by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Diane2420
Joining in
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Yes the batteries are inserted the correct way around, I DO know how to put batteries in things. 

There is only the power button light which does nothing unless you switch it off manually.

I’ve ordered a new remote, just incase. Baring in mind the remote was working perfectly fine on Sunday.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

If there's only the red power light working then I would phone it in as a fault.

It might be worth asking for a free upgrade to a V6 box if you have VM broadband, it's a better box, faster, and has more apps eg Prime

You could check the automated faults line on 0800 5610061 to see if anything local is showing.

You should also sign into Check Service status at the top of this page. It shows any local faults, but more importantly you can also run a test against the TIVO box.

By doing this VM should be able to try and connect to your box and determine what  the problem is. Sometimes this results in them sending out a replacement and/or engineer, which saves a phone call.

.If the above doesn't help then you should call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up.

If not and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

@Diane2420 wrote:

There is only the power button light which does nothing unless you switch it off manually.

Something doesn't sound right here.

On a TiVo - what are the 3 green lights on the front-left doing? I don't believe there's any scenario when only the power light should be illuminated.

What's the heartbeat light doing? Is the TiVo connected to a TV, and what's being shown on the vide output.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Diane2420
Joining in
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Already done everything that has been suggested, there was a fault in my area which is now fixed. But I still have no TiVo working. There’s an hour queue time to speak to a service engineer, anytime of the day you ring. My house phone battery doesn’t last that long. Mobiles aren’t registered to the account as our numbers have changed.

Already have the V6 so can’t upgrade to it, in fact have 2, and the 2nd box, in the bedroom, is working perfectly fine. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Back to basics for me... in what way is your TiVo not working? Perhaps I've missed something, but I don't think you've actually said. All I can see thus far is a problem with the remote.

Mobiles don't need to be registered, to call VM.

0 Kudos
Diane2420
Joining in
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Like I said I my original message, the TiVo box will not change anything, or switch on or off since Sunday, unless pressed for 5 seconds to restart it. With still takes it back to BTsport. It was working perfectly fine until I changed batteries in my remote control. My TiVo box is now stuck on BTsport, and will ONLY play BTsport, no other channel. I DON’T know why it “froze” on this channel, but I’ve tried everything that has been suggested. 

0 Kudos