Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box stuck on starting up flashing lights

• My bedroom TiVo box froze the so I turned the power off as per the help guides and restarted the box. After a number of tries and disconnecting the cables I eventually got it to start up. 

the following morning however when I woke up, all of the lights on the box are flashing and the standby button alternates between white and red/pink. The screen is stuck on Starting up... 

I have tried to power off a number of times disconnecting all the cables. It has also been off for pretty much the whole day. When I try to power up again I’m still stuck on the Starting up... page. 

I have been on hold to customer services all day and had no luck getting through. 
after waiting over an hour the call ended. 
Can anyone help?? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box stuck on starting up flashing lights

Sounds like either a failed box, or a software drop has gone wrong. Either way...

I wish there were a better answer other than to try calling again. There's a text message service (07533 051809) which normally responds after a day or so, or VM forum staff do pick up posts here, but their current backlog is around a week.

As a long shot, you could try swapping the boxes around just to prove the problem, but I don't realistically see it helping.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box stuck on starting up flashing lights

There’s no way to fix this. They just replace the box with a new one. 

0 Kudos