cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box - recordings disappeared

stevemawson
Joining in

Most of my recordings have disappeared and the TiVo box is showing 99% full have tried rebooting no change

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm nowhere near my box to check specifics, but if you follow Home > Help & Settings > System Info (IIRC), the disk space is shown in one of the entries. Does this tally?

Are the recordings in the deleted folder, at the bottom of "my shows"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Right then first thanks for the reply this is really weird I have recording capacity 523 hrs 0 hours free disc space deleted items is empty. Not all shows deleted still got one series of line of duty one series of landscape artist but there was loads on there!

I have an update for you, I’ve just been though my series links and it seems I’ve been recording channel 999 Welcome to virgin ultra HD on a series link could this have deleted all my other recordings without asking? I’ve deleted all the channel 999 recordings and seem to have my hard drive back at 2% used 98% available 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well, you've posted in the V6 board but referred to a TiVo, and while both boxes run the same software, only the V6 supports UHD. Check here if you'd like to compare them.

If your old recordings were set to "keep until space needed", then new recordings would have overwritten old ones in date order. And an hour of UHD would use the same disk space as several hours of HD.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your help beware all DO NOT SIT ON THE REMOTE I’m sure that’s why I started recording channel 999