Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box keeps changing resolution

My tv 6 box keeps changing the output resolution, and every time it does it my tv screen goes blank while it changes mode.

the TiVo box is plugged into a 4K OLED tv and the TiVo box video output format is saying 1080p (the automatic setting). Randomly, when watching TV the input will flip between 720p, 1080i, 1080p and 2160p (within seconds, all while watching the same channel). 

How can I get the box to stick to a single output format? After a while I’ll go back to check the output format settings and they’ve all changed. What’s going on?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box keeps changing resolution

Hi AndyBanstead,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your post. I'm sorry that you've been experiencing issues with your TV resolution.

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting all cables to and from your TV box? This would help to ensure that the connections are tight and secure, which would rule out this as a cause.

If this doesn't help, I'd like you to try manually connecting to the network by following these steps: press Home on your remote > select Help & Settings > select Settings > select Network > select Connect to the Virgin Media Service now.

It may also be worth giving the box a bit of a nudge by turning it off at the wall or the switch on the back, leaving for a few moments, then turning back on.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos