Menu
Mumbarjar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box exchange

I had an old TiVo box exchanged for a V6 box, but wanted to keep the old TiVo box as it had a lot of my sons recordings on. This would be in another bedroom and used as a server sort of. Virgin carried out the swap but chose themselves which box to cut off (I had 2 TiVo’s). They then said I couldn’t reinstate the old one even if I sent the V6 back. However, if I were to pay £7.50 a month they could reinstate it? After many messages they agreed to reinstate the old box. However, after 6 hours (said 2-3 originally) it’s still not working and has error codes. I tried the various chats with them but now they don’t even answer. Jokers. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box exchange

If you want to have more than one TV box in your home, then this is classed as multiroom and does attract an additional rental charge. If not, then a box-swap is exactly that - a swap. You use the new box in exchange for handing the old one back.

As the new box is activated, so the old box is deactivated. Unless you have multiroom.

So - if you've now taken a multiroom subscription - what's the error codes you're getting on the reactivated box? You've not said, and so it's a bit difficult to offer any advice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mumbarjar
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The codes I have are 7400, and M63. I had multi room already but just wanted to swap like for like, keep the old TiVo and lose the other one which hasn’t been plugged in for 18 months+ but I’ve still paid for it. I’m not concerned about paying that was my choice but surely you would cut the box off that hasn’t been used for 18 months over one that had been used every day? Apparently virgin agreed with me which one I would like disconnected. Suffice to say they didn’t yet chose to lie to me on WhatsApp that they did. Then backtrack again and said ‘it’s decided automatically’. Great! 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like the wrong boxes have been reactivated.

Make a note of the serial numbers of the boxes when you call-back.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos