Menu
Bgy4hok
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box crashing

My TiVo box keeps crashing, it’s got to the stage where it’s almost daily. It happens most of I’m watching something that’s recorded or on catch-up. The screen freezes, the remote won’t do anything and I have to reset the box. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? Other comments along similar lines seem to need an engineer to come out but there’s doesn’t seem to be any way to contact virgin to sort this. Cheers

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box crashing

If you have a VM landline, call 150. If not, call 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service".

The automated system may attempt some remote diagnostics first time you call, in which case callback 10minutes later and follow the options for "I still have a fault and want to speak to an agent"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Bgy4hok and welcome to our community.

Sorry for the delay in response, how are things doing today?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Bgy4hok
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just crashed again (20:40 on 17.10.20). Has a blue light on the TiVo box and then when I rebooted it it goes through the start up process twice. It almost went a week without crashing and that’s the longest it’s been in a while. 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bgy4hok, 

Really sorry that it's happened again, I can appreciate the frustration and the delay in us getting back to you isn't ideal. 

I've had a look into your account and it is showing that the box isn't reachable, can you confirm if the box is switched on or off? 

If the box is still doing this please let me know and I can book the next available appointment. Get back in touch as soon as possible so there's no further delay. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Bgy4hok
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm that it it is on. Cheers

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. 

I've booked the next available appointment for you, details of this can be found in your online account. 

If the slot doesn't suit then you'll be able to re arrange from there and you'll also need to ensure somebody over the age of 18 is in the property at the time. 

Let us know how the visit goes. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos