cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box connects one way only

stuart1870
Tuning in

I have 2 TiVo v6 boxes and have been using both happily for months, now all of a suddenTiVo box 2 will not connect to TiVo box 1 but 1 will connect to 2. Have checked network connections and all looks fine. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stuart1870   I've moved your post to the V6 board.

Can you clarify what you mean by "checked network connections"?

Roger's suggestion is a good exercise, but the same V6 <--> Hub connection is used for all streaming services (including multiroom) so.... can you use OnDemand services from both boxes ok? That's as good a test as anything.

Presumably you've tried restarting each V6 in turn? Home > Help & Settings >: Clear or restart

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are they actually Tivo boxes or V6 boxes (or 360's)?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

V6 boxes (updated original question to reflect this) 

Is one of these boxes connected to the hub by WiFi? If so, can you run an Ethernet cable (if only for fault finding).

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stuart1870   I've moved your post to the V6 board.

Can you clarify what you mean by "checked network connections"?

Roger's suggestion is a good exercise, but the same V6 <--> Hub connection is used for all streaming services (including multiroom) so.... can you use OnDemand services from both boxes ok? That's as good a test as anything.

Presumably you've tried restarting each V6 in turn? Home > Help & Settings >: Clear or restart

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rebooting both machines has resolved this feel a bit stupid I didn’t try that first…

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi stuart1870,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome back to the Community Forum!

I'm really glad that rebooting your machines has resolved this issue - if you have any more problems, or need any further support, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team