Menu
MisterM
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo V6 playback volume is low on recordings

On some of my recordings, mainly it seems on films for some reason that I've noticed, the playback volume is a lot lower than when watching the same programme on live TV or watching live TV generally. I have a Sony Bravia KD-65XE70xx TV and use a Sony HT-CT390 Sound Bar, both of which are not that old. Typically when watching live TV, the Sound Bar is set to between 40 & 46, the maximum being upto 100 but on some recordings, not all I might add, the volume setting has to be increased to upto 90 and even then sometimes the playback volume makes it still hard to hear. I wouldn’t really want to increase the volume to between 90 and 100 when watching a film for 2 hours or so as I can’t see that it would do the Sound Bar system any good running it at that volume level. I have though tried increasing it to 100 for a very short period of time during playback but it doesn’t actually make that much difference to playback at a volume of 90.

So my question is, does the TiVo V6 box have an internal preset default volume setting for recordings and if it does, can this be adjusted perhaps by accessing the Engineers Menu to increase the volume level for recordings?

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo V6 playback volume is low on recordings

Have you tried changing the 'Dolby Digital' setting in the TiVo settings menu?

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
MisterM
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for your reply.

Yes, I have previously tried both settings ie 'Dolby Digital' and 'Dolby Digital to PCM' but it has not made any difference. 'Sound Effects Volume' is also set to 'High'.

0 Kudos
MisterM
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So does the TiVo V6 box have an internal preset default volume setting for recordings and if it does, can this be adjusted perhaps by accessing the Engineers Menu to increase the volume level for recordings?

If not, can anyone offer any other suggestions.