Menu
Kelliewebb
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo V6 box is not turning on

My virgin TiVo box had suddenly stopped working. It has no red standby light, we’ve tried various plugs, switched the fuse ect...nothings working. I can’t get through to anyone on the phone and the chat gave me an American number. Can someone please help? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo V6 box is not turning on

You're not going to like this answer, but...

If you're asking whether this forum can give you a way of avoiding the telephone call queues, then I'm afraid no - the best way of reporting this is to call 150 (or 0345 4541111 from a non-VM phone). I've no idea what any American number would have to do with VM-UK

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kelliewebb
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It’s got nothing to do with avoiding call times. The automated voice attempted to run checks on my box network ect, but found “no fault” because there’s no power and then hung up. It never gave me an option to speak to anyone-that’s what I meant by not being able to get through to anyone 

I wanted to speak to someone to see if there is anything I could do or book an engineer or something. I’ve posted in the forum as I’ve seen technicians and VM support staff reply to similar queries who have been able to help with the box malfunctioning. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Kelliewebb wrote:

It’s got nothing to do with avoiding call times. The automated voice attempted to run checks on my box network ect, but found “no fault” because there’s no power and then hung up. It never gave me an option to speak to anyone-that’s what I meant by not being able to get through to anyone

Fair enough. When this happens, call back immediately. The IVR should recognise you're a repeat caller and bypass those checks.

VM staff do respond, but they're prioritising posts where other support mechanisms aren't appropriate. In this case, calling should work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos