cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo V6 Remote

Oliverparris
Joining in

My TiVo V6 remote suddenly stopped working. I assumed this was the batteries which I changed to a fresh set but there is no response from the remote at all.
i tried to follow the reset, I.e. hold TV and Clear but no green light ever appeared.
Can’t try and re-pair the remote via the box as you can only scroll from first option to the end.
I can’t watch anything until the guide goes and I manually change channels which is tedious.
anyone experience this issue. May need a new remote?
would also be novel if there was an easy helpline number. Sign of the times and cost cutting I suppose!

thanks,
Ollie

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Oliverparris 

If you follow the instructions on the link given by @roy247  you can order a replacment remote,  and on the last page there is a link to download the TV Control app. You can use the app as a temporary replacement until you receive a new remote.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you both for your help and swift responses. 

ollie 

Hi there @Oliverparris 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

Thank you so much as well to our community members newapollo and roy247 for their help and guidance on this. 

Have you been able to order a replacement remote?