Menu
Hcox333
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo V6 Box - goes off 5 times in a day.

We purchased a new smart TV in February this year and since then the V6 box goes off 5 times a day unless one can manage to grab the remote to cancel.

We tend to listen to the Radio most of the day and invariably we are busy doing things  through out the house and always goes off. This means we have to restart each time and becomes more frustrating....and of course it goes off in the evening while watching TV.

We have tried most things resetting the box & visited the on Demand -help and settings and have adjusted the standby settings but no joy.

With our old TV ....the box would go off once day on Standby......Any advice would be really appreciated......

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo V6 Box - goes off 5 times in a day.

Hi it sounds like you have the it in Energy saving mode, press home go to help and settings, settings, devices, device settings, power saving settings, select always On. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like your new TV has the power saving function switched on, I'd have a look in your TV setting page

0 Kudos
Hcox333
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky,

Thanks for your quick reply....I checked my Power Settings and found it to be in ‘Alway on’ .....so probably not that.

I will check my TV Set up....

Thanks again...

Howard

0 Kudos
Hcox333
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for your helpful reply. On checking the TV settings the ‘Auto Off’ settings were set to every 4 hours....

Regards

Howard.

0 Kudos