Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box will not power on

Morning all.

Does any one know how to contact virgin Media right now 26\10\20. Phone message tells me call centres are closed?! Due to Covid.  Help\Fault web pages don't account for TV boxes that do not power on?!

Pinged Virgin Media on twitter and Facebook and no reply yet? May be these are unmanned as well?!

My TivoBox will not power on. No lights no fan no nothing?!

Cheers

Adrian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box will not power on

Hi the call centres are open 8am till 8pm, just reduced hours if you call 8am you will get through easier, 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi LittleMick73,

Thank you for swift reply.

I have to disagree though. The current message to me is that call centres are closed and my only option is to get a web link via text.

Covid or no covid, it is my opinion this is poor customer service for a global communications company not to have systems in place to take calls.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've just tried calling through to TV Faults myself. Yes, there's a couple of IVR messages advising of call centres being closed and of wait times being upto an hour long - but I didn't hang up and have been put into a call queue.

(I have now vacated said call queue to free a space for someone else who needs it)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Japitts,

In the end I selected option on the phone that suggested I wanted to buy something.

I got straight through\no waiting to a nice man named Tony who, I hope, has sorted me out with a replacement TiVo box which should be with me in teh next 3 to 5 working days.

Cheers

Adrian

0 Kudos