Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Box Power Failure

I’ve returned from being away for a week to no recordings on my TiVo box. When powering up the box it had to totally reboot and looking at recording conflicts it stated there was a power outage. Has this happened to anyone else? The power has not been through the house as other devices not changed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box Power Failure

Hi, just looking to see if there are any others with their Tivo box shutting down completely? I had this a few months ago on one occasion that I can recall but it's happened twice in the last few days. I have to turn the box off and on at the back and it reboots itself. of course, as you have found, if this happens when you are away and have recordings set, you are going to miss the programmes all together which is no good at all. 

I suspect it means the Tivo is faulty and a replacement will have to be supplied, trouble then of course is you lose the recordings that you have yet to view which is a annoying too. 

I guess the answer is to contact Virgin directly and see if it's fixable or not?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just to correct my reply, it's the V6 box that I have rather than the Tivo but still the same problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. Yes it’s my V6 box and at least it’s not just me. So annoying though. 

I’ll have to watch all my recordings and then call Virgin Media!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo reports a Power Outage when it has a scheduled recording but the box it turned off at the power switch - and also if there is no signal on the main signal cable.

A local signal issue can cause a misleading "Power Outage" fault.

When you say "powering up" TiVo - do you mean taking out of standby using the remote - or powering up with the main V6 switch?

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos