cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo 6 box

REKABIDWELL
Joining in

Old TiVo in lounge, tv6 in bedroom for many years. Apr.27th changed my subscription, cancelled old TiVo box, disconnected it, and now I can’t use the tv6 in the bedroom. What shall I do next. Today I have switched off the hub and tv6, and back again, get the Home Screen on TV,

but can’t navigate with the remote control!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@REKABIDWELL wrote:

Today I have switched off the hub and tv6, and back again, get the Home Screen on TV,

I'm minded to agree with the suggestion already posted, but...

What do you mean by "get the home screen on TV"? Does the V6 display live TV channels? Or are you getting an error message on screen? Does the V6 menu display?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @REKABIDWELL 

It sounds like VM may have de-activated the wrong box.

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to re-activate the V6 box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@REKABIDWELL wrote:

Today I have switched off the hub and tv6, and back again, get the Home Screen on TV,

I'm minded to agree with the suggestion already posted, but...

What do you mean by "get the home screen on TV"? Does the V6 display live TV channels? Or are you getting an error message on screen? Does the V6 menu display?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I get the home page, but can’t navigate. It looks like the old TiVo box was connected by error, than when  Tivo6 box switched on, come up with several errors 7700? Or call “unknown “?  Contacted on line Avatar, they said Tivo6 reset, but problem didn’t solved, but no more error codes or unknown call!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Error 7400, if that's what you have, is an equipment activation error.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @REKABIDWELL,

Thanks for your post and the additional information you've been providing to our VIPs. The error code of "7700" isn't one that's recognisable in our system. I've ran some checks on our end and there does seem to be a few issues.

I'm going to pop you a PM to collect some more information so I can assist in getting this resolved.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ