Menu
KevinHay
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo 6 box not working

Hi,

Since yesterday my TiVo 6 box has stopped working. It started 3 days ago but it was usable, slow...took a long time navigating through my shows etc. Now it doesn't load past the "Starting up" screen.

I have rebooted, switched off at mains, unplugged all wires, reset router and pressed +/- buttons. I have tried researching quick fixes and found all these options to be unsuccessful. I have tried calling customer service but after 2 hours being on hold I gave up. I was in an endless cycle of being cut off and redialling. Now lines are closed so I am hoping for a representative to see this and arrange an engineer, as I've seen occur on other members posts.

The service status option was of no help, telling me my service is good. It isn't.

I have a lot of shows on the hard drive which I will be fuming if lost. There must be a way of transferring these files to a new Tivo box. I have paid for this service all this time and now I'm faced with losing the shows I expected to be watching with the money I've paid.

Please help Virgin Media.

If anyone has any other suggestions I'm happy to try them..

Thank you.

0 Kudos
KevinHay
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo 6 box not working

Quick edit. TiVo V6 box. Connected via Ethernet cable for internet. All wires connected, pushed in fully

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo 6 box not working

@KevinHay wrote:

I have rebooted, switched off at mains, unplugged all wires, reset router and pressed +/- buttons. I have tried researching quick fixes and found all these options to be unsuccessful. I have tried calling customer service but after 2 hours being on hold I gave up. I was in an endless cycle of being cut off and redialling. Now lines are closed so I am hoping for a representative to see this and arrange an engineer, as I've seen occur on other members posts.

You won't want to hear this, but posting on here isn't a substitute for calling TV Faults and reporting your issues. This forum is primarily a peer-peer community support system.

@KevinHay wrote:

I have a lot of shows on the hard drive which I will be fuming if lost. There must be a way of transferring these files to a new Tivo box. I have paid for this service all this time and now I'm faced with losing the shows I expected to be watching with the money I've paid.

If your box does end up getting replaced, then prepare to fume. Recordings are not transferable between boxes, and when TiVo/V6 are replaced, all the recordings on said boxes are lost. That's always been the case, sorry.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos