Menu
SteveM658
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TiVO to V6 upgrade

Hi 

Existing TIVO super slow and noisy.  Is this upgrade available FOC to existing customers without a contract upgrade?  If so, how do I get it without hours on call?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Scott_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVO to V6 upgrade

Hi.
You would have to call in to upgrade this and i beieve it is a one off chanrge of £99 to upgrade it and it would be posted out to you.
If the box is faulty I can arrange a like for like replacement to be sent out, I just can not do the upgrade.

Could you please do me a favour and mark my original reply to your post as a helpful answer if this answers your question, this is how my manager will measure my performance on the forum.
Thanks Scott

Want to do right by your nearest and dearest and both earn a £50 credit off your bill? It's simple, Just text ‘RAF 92082 to 80011 with your postcode, account number, friend's name and phone number, so we can call them now.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
SteveM658
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Scott, this is helpful but not the answer i was hoping for.  I thought that calls were for essential services, this isn't that.  Are you sure there's no way to do it online. 

Further, I've been a loyal customer for 14 years - and had the Tivo box for much of that time so it seems a bit unreasonable to charge for a replacement when you've certainly recouped your costs by now, especially given that (i) V6 offered for all new packages and (ii) your own marketing material talked about replacing Tivo FOC for existing customers https://www.virgin.com/news/all-virgin-tv-customers-offered-v6-upgrade

Could you reconsider...

0 Kudos
Scott_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi.
You could try and see if it will let you upgrade via the "my virginmedia app".
I am a field tech working from home and not part of the sales team so can not comment on the marketing.
Thanks
Scott

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The link posted by SteveM658 is an old marketing one from 26 January 2018 so that particular upgrade deal will have expired.

I would suggest looking at changing package, even if in contract on current package as it may still work out cheaper than currently paying and may include a box upgrade to the V6

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
SteveM658
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies. My reading of the 2018 link is that it wasn't a time limited "upgrade deal",  rather it was a policy commitment for existing customers: "We believe that our finest kit shouldn’t just be for new customers. So today we’re kicking off one of the largest existing customer upgrade programmes ever seen in the UK".

It would be nice if loyalty was rewarded and that commitment was maintained.

0 Kudos
Scott_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes that was a limited time offer that finished I thinks the start of last year. At the moment it would be 99 to upgrade to this box.

Thanks

Scott

0 Kudos
SteveM658
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

An update on this which might help other members. after looking at a separate post by Newapollo, I was able to upgrade to V6 and Hub 3.0 without incurring fees or changing contract.  Link is: https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/V6swap