cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderstorm = V6 dead

Whit2k
Tuning in

Had a thunderstorm a week ago and have had no output from v6 box ever since ... tried new hdmi cables .. tried another TV .. all customer services say is the box is working ok ... i cant get through to retentions as i now want to cancel my tv part of my package .. if i just stop paying maybe they will call me ???? have rung up every day this week so far CUSTOMER SERVICE STINKS

11 REPLIES 11

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HDMI output fried (which won't show on VM diagnostics). Its not an uncommon occurance. Box replacement required.

The forum team here should be able to arrange this without issues. Just leave the thread dormant & they will respond shortly.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My fellow VIP nodrogd is absolutely correct to say leaving this thread dormant should get you a response on this forum in a couple of days, but I'll just add one comment by word of advice..

@Whit2k wrote:

if i just stop paying maybe they will call me ????

Almost certainly not. But VM's automated credit management process will kick in. In no particular order, think late payment charges, then service suspension, and ultimately.. entries on your credit file that can last for many years.

But no-one's going to call you. As bad as VM's CS might be at times, not paying is a sure-fire way to make things worse. Hang on in there and wait on this forum - alternatively.... if your TV box has no video output but (presumably) still "working" otherwise, try switching it off at the mains before calling into CS. If it's offline, CS won't be able to see it... it may just be a means to an end of getting the tech visit that you probably need.

Edited to add: With a mains power-down in mind, do you get the "Welcome" & "Starting up" graphics as part of the boot sequence?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

i dont want a tech visit, I WONT have a tech visit .. i ask for a new box or cancel my tv package .. they 'say' they transfer me to retentions and then 60 mins later still on hold ... I am out of contract so they cant enforce anything .. if they want to keep me they better send me a box or its back to Sky, or maybe a now tv box .. all i Need is to be able to watch tv and have my broadband.. have done all the restart stuff many times and they treat me like i am lying ... there is absolutely no output from the box .. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM won't send out boxes for fault replacements. This seems to be company policy both to ensure services are working correctly, & to prevent boxes from being sold illegally when the "faulty" box is mysteriously not returned.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Whit2k wrote:

i dont want a tech visit, I WONT have a tech visit .. i ask for a new box or cancel my tv package ..

I've given you a suggestion for achieving the tech visit that will progress this for you. That would give you an easy fix.

This is one area where VM's CS processes are often set in stone, and arguing with CS agents who are often powerless to override them, is a pointless exercise on your part.

The outcome to this could hinge on whether you want what you're demanding on this thread, or whether you want the fault resolved. If the former, then you'd best get your Sky installed booked up - do make sure it's working before VM is disconnected to avoid loss of service.

Accepting a tech visit seems a far simpler thing to me, but it's your decision.

Guess I need to waste more time on the phone trying to cancel ……. Or like I said stop paying return all equipment and carry on elsewhere 

Actually got through to someone today … 45 mins on hold … then .. need refer to a manager we will call you back at 10am …. It’s 11.15 now and no call back …. Same **bleep** different day 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did they offer you a tech visit which you declined?

so still no call from virgin over 5 hours ... so i called them .. they try and say a tech can come .. check box and hand me a new one .. NOPE .. just cancel my tv.. so when shall we book the tech to come ... NOPE ... cancel the tv ... there is one free monday .. NOPE CANCEL THE TV ..... let me speak to my manager see if we can get around the tech visit.... 5 mins .... nope tech must visit.. ok ...CANCEL THE TV THEN!!! .... tv cancelled .. SKY arriving Monday ....all done 

if they had any sense ... they would of said sign up to a new contract and we'll send you a box ... I would of .. but now its all cancelled and Sky are coming back .. now i just gotta argue about the 30 days notice as i have been saying to cancel for 7 days now and have had no service for 7 days ....