Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

The Blacklist

I’ve been a VM customer for years and have to say that, compared to Sky, their On Demand and Catch Up content is very poor.

Programmes are often missing, incomplete box sets and delayed Catch Up availability. I understand there are different agreements in place between broadcasters and providers, but Sky is far better in this respect.

As an example, every episode of Keeping Up Appearances (series 1-5 and specials) are available on Sky, compared to a few episodes on VM.

There are many occasions when programmes broadcast on ITV take 1-2 days to appear on VM Catch Up - the latest series on Manhunt is an example. Episode 2 was missing for ages. 

I’ve seen many threads over the past few months where this happens a lot. ITV are extending their agreement with Sky next year to offer even more content, whereas VM are falling behind in this respect. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

OnDemand issues

I've moved your post to a new thread since it had nothing to do with the Blacklist.

Anytime you have examples of missing VOD assets, please post them on here and we can fast-track them to VM if replicable.

I would always recommend recording programmes you know you'll want to watch. Having them on your box's hard drive will nearly always be preferable to relying on any streaming service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos