Menu
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Terrible Customer Service

At apprximately 3.50 pm we had a clap of thunder and lightning which knocked off my tv and Broadband for approximately one minute. Although tv is working there are no lights showing on my Hub. So I did the usual things like checking the sockets and the fuse in the plug etc which were ok.

After a 30 minute wait I managed to speak to someone and that is where the problems arose. Despite explaining what was wrong and how it happened, she kept on asking when it happened and were there any loghts showing on the hub.

Eventually she decided to order me a new Hub but it would have to delivered or picked up from Tuesday at the earliest When I asked about an Engineer visit, she said you can't have one. I adked but what if I am not technically minded and the answer I got was you will have to get a member of your family to do it for you.

In the end I decided to pick it up and hopefully it will arrive on Tuesday but I am not very confident it will. I have checked in My Orders but it is not showing in there yet.

I am definitely not very pleased with Virgin Media Customer Service.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible Customer Service

Whilst I enjoy kicking VM when they get it wrong, I really dont see the issue?

Your HUB was (sounds like) destroyed by an event totally out of VM's  control. They are sending you a new HUB, FOC in 2 working days.

Nothing an engineer can do to resurrect a dead HUB, why send one? The timeframe would be the same anyhoo.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My gripe is not the timescale but the fact that I had to install it myself as I am not technically minded. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ahh, I get it now.

I know its not going to help but they are easy to install, and set themselves up.

Agreed, if your unhappy installing it yourself, there should be an option for an engineer. There used to be.

Ill feed this back for you, may not make a difference but its a fair point.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello KeithLeonard, 

Thank you for your post in our community forum page. 

I'm very sorry to hear that a lightening strike caused your services to stop working and I'm also sorry that our team didn't offer  an engineer visit when it came to replacing your Hub. 

I will make sure the relevant feedback is passed onto the advisor you spoke to and I have now sent you a private message so we can arrange an engineer visit to activate your new Hub. 

Regards, 

Dean C 

KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dean C

Thanks for the private message which I have replied to.

I am wondering now if the Hub has even been ordered as there is nothing in My Orders in zMy Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Following my earlier post can I give everyone an update.

Following correspondence with Dean who has been great, I telephoned Virgin Media on Monday to see if they could confirm when I was likely to receive my replacement Super Hub 3.

Imagine my shock and horror when he said that my Hub had been cancelled by Technical Services due to bad weather but could give no other reason why it hadbeen cancelled.

After much discussion he ordered me another Duper Hub 3.

Approximately 2 hours later I phoned again to try and find out why the Hub had been cancelled. I was told that the original order had not been cancelled and woukd arrive Tuesday. Because of this answer, I asked her to cancel the Hub that hadbeen ordered earlier in the day. She replied that in actual fact two Hubs had been ordered earlier in the day but wouldcancel them both.

Come Tuesday my Super Hub 3 arrived at my Collection Point and I duly picked it up and took it home and got it activated and working ok.

Today I received three emails from the Courier saying that three more parcels hadbeen delivered to my Collection Point waiting to be collected.

When I telephoned Virgin Media I was told that the three parcels were Super Hub 3's that had been ordered and were supposed to have been cancelled but obviously they hadn't been. I ws told not to pick them up and forget about them and eventually they would make their way back to Virgin Media.

What poor Customer Service Virgin Media have it is a real joke.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dad's army would be proud. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
coolestrock
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I hope they arent trying to con a £99 fee for an engineer to visit , this does seem to be their way of taking money from people who arent technically minded , its their equipment so in order for it to be working properly a technician should be free , its what we pay over the odds for , more than Sky anyway 

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I don't need an Engineer visit as the Super Hub 3 I received yesterday has been activated and is up and running. The problem is Virgin Media have sent another three  hubs making 4 in total when I only wanted one. No wonder nearly everyone is complaining about their Customer Service.

0 Kudos