cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrestrial Channels keep cutting out

rodgerglover
Tuning in

Does not happen on any channels other than 1-5. I have checked all cables and rebooted box. Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's nothing common about how Ch101-105 are carried through VM's network.

When you say these channels keep cutting out, do you mean the audio &/or video drops out? Or do you get an error code on-screen?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The screen goes totally blank as if the tv has switched off, which it has not

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Highly unlikely that has anything to do with the channel you're watching, far more likely it's a video output issue.

Does the same thing happen with recorded programmes and OnDemand?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

recorded programs are fine as also are apps, netflix prime etc. Just bbc1 and itv 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've mentioned Prime, but the TiVo doesn't have this app.

Are you sure you don't have a V6? https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

In addition - you've mentioned BBC1 which I presume means Ch101. Are the BBC regional variants in 862-865 similarly affected? Same question for ITV-HD with ITV+1?

sorry it is a V6 box and I meant the netflix channel etc.  its 101 and 103 that the problem

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are the BBC regional variants in 862-865 similarly affected? Same question for ITV-HD with ITV+1?