Menu
tgerard610
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Temporary loss

Dear Community

does anyone know why I am experiencing regular loss of picture and sound using my Virgin V6 box. It used to happen very occasionally but now any channel is very difficult to watch. All help greatly appreciated.

m hoping Virgin will replace the box if I can ever get through 😞

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Temporary loss

Are you getting any error messages on-screen when the picture drops out? I'm assuming this is on live TV viewing..

It sounds like you're describing picture breakup/pixellation which is now degrading to an outright loss of particular channels. Whether it's your box that's causing this, or your cabling somewhere, is for VM to identify.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

tgerard610
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No error messages appear, picture and sound just disappear for a few seconds. Sometimes picture comes back without sound and a full reboot is necessary. Very annoying.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi tgerard610,

Welcome to the community - we are really sorry for our delayed response and for the issues you've been experiencing with your TV service.

Are you certain that the issue is with the V6 box itself? Is the picture quality OK when using other TV sources? 

Have you also tried using a different HDMi port/HDMi lead to ensure that it is not the cable or port that is faulty?

Apologies for all the questions - it just helps us identify exactly what the problem is so can can provide a solution.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos