Menu
Tilburyr634
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tcp port configaration codes

I have been trying to access the internet on my lg smart tv, I can access most internet sites I have tried but two come up with Ssl error code 107. I have looked at the tcp port configuration test and it fails with codes 80, 8080, 80, 7287, 7288 and 8081. Are these outbound ports not required to be open and would them being closed stop me from accessing certain internet sites? The sites I can't access are tui.co.uk,  firstchoice.co.uk and boots.co.uk. Any guidance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tcp port configaration codes

Hello

When your using an outbound connection all ports are always open unless they are on this website https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-blocked-internet-ports

What happens when you try and access the sites what error message are you getting back, we would need to the full error ?

Does this happen with any other device connected to your Internet ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tilburyr634
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

When I access the sites from my phone using the same wifi connection I have no trouble, however when I try the same sites using the lg smart tv internet wifi it comes up with the following message. SSLConnection error.   Error 107(net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR):SSL Protocol error

Would the block ports stop me accessing via the v6 box and tv internet?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

No the blocked ports will not stop you accessing the internet on any device, as the websites work when your phone is connected then I can safely say that there isn't a problem with the internet on the VM side or the website side, I am afraid it will now be down to the TV manufacture to troubleshoot the problem you are having, now this could be down to the browser that the TV is using, do you have the ability to install any other browser on the TV.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos