Menu
Martinhughes63
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV

I am having problems with not getting a picture in a Samsung 4K TV.

Virgin have replaced the box and still getting problems. I have tried numerous HDMI, and even bought a new high speed one, still problems with Picture, just getting black screen.

I have tried other TV and picture comes straight on. Can anyone help with this.

Why can't the V6 handle the 4K TV?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV

There have been quite a few threads on here of Samsung TVs having issues with 4K/UHD content on Virgin, this can often be an issue with HDCP compatibility. To rule that out...

Check your V6 video output (Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Video output) - make sure that 1080 is selected at the very least. This can sometimes need a reboot to take effect.

Next thing - what is it that you're having issues with... is it live TV? OnDemand? Recorded programmes? Streaming apps?

Assuming you've ruled out the HDMI lead & port as both working, a video output self-test is part of the V6 boot sequence - so a reboot of the V6 with the TV connected & switched on, is a good test of whether you view the "starting up" cycle.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Martinhughes63
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the reply.

I have gone in and changed to 1080. Reboot now.

The Virgin engineer did this a while ago when he came out, but it still kept happening.

I basically get sound, the menu's but do not get a output of video.

Booted back up. Sound but no pictures again. I have checked to see if TV is updated and it is all up to date.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you can get the V6 menus, can you navigate to an OnDemand programme and watch that? And then go back to live?

Wondering if changing the input source will make any difference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Martinhughes63
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Gone to BBC iPlayer on virgin box. No pictures, just the same.

Just gone to my programs, and for some reason the picture came on in the small box. Now picture on all channels. This is what happens regular. Could do this at least one a day. Tried leaving box turned on, but still happens. This is definitely a V6 problem, virgin should address this. It appears to be happening for a lot of people.

Thanks for your input.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you have been having TV issues, Martinhughes63,

Have you been able to speak to the team since your post?

Our online guide might be of some use:  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/services-support/tv

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Martinhughes63
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No not spoken to the team.

The issue keeps happening and can last for an hour or all day then will rectify itself. It is only happens on the 4K TV, tried other TV and runs fine. This is an issue with the Virgin box. I have contacted the team in the past. They have sent out a replacement box (not sure if it was a new one) still the same. They sent out an engineer and he changed the setting as mentioned in this feed. Still the same. It's getting very frustrating. Basically Virgin are providing a service / product that is not compatible with all TV units. Unfortunately I am in an area I have to have virgin.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What's the exact model number of your TV?

It may help others with similar models, also lets us look up the online manual for any clues.

0 Kudos
Martinhughes63
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am working at moment, I will get details later and forward them.

0 Kudos
Martinhughes63
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

UE59RU7400UXXU

SAMSUNG , SOFTWARE , T-MSLDEUC-1374.0,BT-S

0 Kudos