Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TV turning off and on and volume going up

We are having a complete nightmare in that our Samsung QLEDQE49Q6FN TV which is less than a year old. About six weeks ago, the TV started turning itself off and on. In addition, the volume turns itself up to maximum and will not respond to the TV remote when you try to turn it down. We have called Samsung who say they have run some tests, and the problem is the Virgin V6 box (at least the TV turning off and on issue). I don't have enough technical knowledge to have any idea if this is even possible.

Our Virgin box is a V6. It has been in standby mode since the call with Samsung today, and the TV is no longer seeing Virgin Media in the apps list (although the box is still connected to the TV through HDMI) But late this evening the TV turned itself off and on again about eight times, and the volume shot up (although I was able to use the TV remote to turn it off and it is now back on and for now OK.

I'd be so grateful for a steer here. My gut feel is that it must be an issue with the TV - I can certainly find plenty of other people who have taken to the internet to say they are having the same issue. Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV turning off and on and volume going up

Hi I would say it's the TV that's at fault, sounds like Samsung are passing the buck.Regards Micky
0 Kudos