Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TV service interupted

Error codes M58, C230 and N27

I have had this problem for about 5 weeks now. Customer service say they are working on problem. I have been given a Fix date several times . The fix never happens.

I'm losing patience with Virgin media and will transfer to another provider shortly if the problem is not resolved this week.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV service interupted

Hi have you checked the top right corner of this page click on check service status then you know if it's a local issue or not I'm afraid some call handlers will say anything to get you off the line, also I would not have suffered this for 5 weeks you need to be tenacious if you want anything done.Regards Micky
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi micky,  

Service status is checked every day. I have asked to speak to a manager, no one ever rings me back. I think there is a problem with the set box or hub, but the so called customer service advisors refuse to send an engineer to check this out. 

Regards 

Nursawsl

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi nursawsl,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for posting. I'm sorry that you've been having issues with your TV service and have struggled to discuss this with our teams.

I've had a look at the backend of your services and can see that you have been affected by area issues. There is an SNR fault raised for your area under reference F007191703, which was logged on 16th June and is expected to be resolved by tomorrow, 7th August. This would be the problem that our support agents have advised you of.

Due to the complex and developing nature of certain faults, it can occasionally be necessary to amend estimated fix times. We will always endeavour to provide the most up to date information from our team on-site, but it looks like there have been a lot of checks to complete and a number of sources of noise ingress.

There is also a planned change with reference C01045764 scheduled for today. It appears that they have traced the major cause and are completing repairs/replacement of some cabling further up the network. Our tech team are anticipating that this will be complete by 3pm today and that this will resolve the overarching issue. However, they will continue to monitor before clearing the fault ticket, to ensure that full functionality is restored.

We would be unable to arrange an individual engineer visit until the network issue is resolved, in order to allow for the appropriate work to be done. If the underlying problem is fixed but you're still having issues, we could then look to schedule an appointment for your property.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel, 

Thanks for your comments, which are pretty much the same as customer services have been telling me for the last 5/6 weeks.

Let's hope Aug 7th really is the elusive "fix" date. 

Regards, 

Nursawsl

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Another fix date and still no tv!  I haven't got the patience or a spare hour to ring Virgin tonight. I'll try to ring  tomorrow if I'm in a better frame of mind.

48 hours to the deadline.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi nursawsl,

I'm really sorry that this has still been ongoing. I can certainly appreciate the frustration, we wouldn't want any of our customers to be affected by long-term intermittent services.

It looks like the team on-site are finishing off some last checks today and that the service should be mostly restored. How's everything been since your last message?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel, 

Firstly this is not an intermittent problem, but a continuous problem that had lasted nearly TWO MONTHS. 

Thanks to Scott Worrall in customer support in Manchester, the problem has been resolved.. 

snursawsl

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi nursawsl,

Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know that this has been sorted. I'm really glad that you're back up and running.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any future concerns or queries.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos