Menu
eddiem1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV picture breaking up often

My TV picture on all channels pixellates and breaks up every few seconds, making it almost impossible to watch. This is on the older Tivo box - the picture is fine on the T6 box in the other room.

From what I've read it seems likely the issue is with the box itself. I've tried rebooting and checked cables etc..but nothing helps. There is no reported signal issue. 

I've tried calling customer services but can never get through - can someone here help please.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV picture breaking up often

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

You've mentioned this only affects one of your TV boxes, I'd recommend swapping the boxes around and see - does the fault follow the box (and prove a fault with it), or remain with the same room (and suggest an issue with your internal cabling)

Once you know which one applies, the quickest way to report your fault is to call 150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello eddiem1

Thanks for taking the time to raise the issue with the picture quality on your set top box with us here at the forum, we're eager to get this looked into further for you.

From looking at the equipment and levels, there does appear to be an issue which will require a technician, I have provisionally arranged this for Saturday 17th April between 8am and 12pm. Please let me know if there are any individuals shielding at the property or if this isn't convenient for you and I can look to change it to the next available appointment.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
eddiem1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob

Thanks for organising this. I've just learned that there will only be someone at home until 10.30 tomorrow. Is there are chance of making sure the engineer can arrive in time, or perhaps rearrange for next week? 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you login to your "myVirgin Media" online account, and click on "my appointments", you can rearrange your slot to a more suitable one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos