Menu
jdoherty76
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV keeps picture keeps flashing on and off

hi there I am beginning to wonder where this problem is.  When I switch on my TV in the morning my picture flashes and off (as if unstable connection) it's as if trying to locate sound or something.  This happens about 6 times (everytime we turn the TV on) The picture and sound then settles and we have no further problems with this.

I have 2 TIVO boxes and no problems with the other box.

I have tried rebooting the box a couple of times to no avail.

I've checked all leads and connections and all appears ok.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so I'd appreciate and feedback on correcting this.

I hope this has been posted in the correct forum, if not please move

Thanks JD 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV keeps picture keeps flashing on and off

Hi jdoherty76,

Sorry to see you are having issues with the box.

Are they both V6 boxes?

Have you tried a different HDMI cable, also a different HDMI port?

Please can you try swapping the boxes around. That may show if it's a box error, or a signal error.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
jdoherty76
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks newAppolo I'll try the cables and HDMI port, I'm not going to swap the boxes as the other is well integrated in another room and system. This box works cleanly as indicated as this other box done until a couple of months ago...We can live with it, however we are paying for a service and as such this services should be delivered. thanks for your prompt reply..
0 Kudos
jdoherty76
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you to all. I believe the problem has been a faulty soundbar. Which now appears to have given up the ghost. TV has returned to TV speakers and works as required. I'll report the soundbar as it's still under warranty. 

newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the feedback. Am pleased it's working. Hope you get a replacement soundbar

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos