Menu
Fredcar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV internet connection

My router is next to a smart TV.Connection is OK but I have a second smart TV about 7 meters away in another room and I cannot get a connection. How do I sort this?

Eric

0 Kudos
Pawan_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV internet connection

Hi there my name is Pawan Paul I am a virgin media technician I had a similar problem what I did was hold down the WPS button which is located at the front of the hub hold that down for about 15 second till a free WiFi light comes up then go to your smart tv it should show up  

All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Fredcar
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have tried that Paul but it has not worked. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the strength of the connection given that a lot of people are using it. It was working ok until yesterday when I added ITV hub and since then I have had no internet connection.

Fredcar

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connect your second TV temporarily to the Hub with a >10m Cat6 ethernet cable and see if that connects and runs ok. If it does then you know for sure that it's the wifi connection to the TV that's the issue.
There are many approaches to improving your wifi that are well covered on here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos