Menu
tariqmqureshi81
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV indicates the Error Status 'Out of Range@

Hi

I currently have no TV signal going from V6 box to my TV. 

This has started to occur from time to time intermittently and today the signal has been totally lost and I have not been able to pick up any TV or Virgin Programming. 

Have rebooted the V6 Box 4-5 times during the course of the day and when the V6 box is rebooting, as it would do after, all the initial and normal Virgin Media 'Starting Up' and 'Welcome' (in different Languages) screens all show up as normal on my TV, but then soon after, I get the error message flashing up on my TV that says 'Out Of Range' which Flashes up in between '1080 / 50'.   But there is no actual TV or Virgin Media programing that shows up. .

As I say this started to happen over the last couple of weeks but would resolve if I rebooted, but now it has returned and this time has not resolved for all of today where there has been total loss of a picture on my TV itself. The online / over the phone Virgin Medial Technical Services diagnostic checks all indicate that there is no issues with my Virgin V6 box presumably. 

Would love guidance as to what the issue is and how to resolve, 

All the best 

Tariq  

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV indicates the Error Status 'Out of Range@

What is the make & model of your TV? Can you see the Virgin menu system if you press "Home" or "Guide" on your VM remote.. or are you getting no input at all?

If your TV has multiple HDMI sockets, have you tried different ones?

Can you manually select different inputs on your TV, and select whichever HDMI input your V6 is on, manually?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello tariqmqureshi81

How are things looking now 

Have you been able to get this resolved since your post 

Maybe the possibility of trying a different HDMI Cable or Tv 

If you need help let me know

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
cgardneruk1
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Out of range

Hello,

Spoiler
My tv box is not connecting, the tv just says it is out of range. I have tested it on the virgin media website and it says everything is working and restarted the box. Anyone got any ideas? 
0 Kudos
cgardneruk1
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am having this same problem right now, any ideas?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@cgardneruk1 

Please don't create multiple posts for the same issue in different sections of the board, I've merged your threads for you!

Can you give some answers to the questions in the second post of this thread, this may help others to give meaningful advice 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
cgardneruk1
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

THank you for your offer of help, did one of the suggestions and got a new hdmi cable and it worked 😀

0 Kudos